It Starts With a Burden

I was at the prime of my life in my so-called career. I was teaching in a prestigious university, was up for promotion to head a department, was well known by most students and I was making more money than I could spend. If I look back, these were good times in my career life. 

But God had plans . . . better plans.

Slowly but surely, my heart was leaning towards the lives of young people. Somehow I wanted to spend more time with them, listen to their stories and helping them in their so-called life. God ignited a fire in my heart for the young people, youth, teenagers, students, college people, fresh grads (take your pick) and allowed His burden to take over. I wanted to journey with the lives of young people. I wanted to be a witness on how the Lord will move into the lives of the young people and how the Lord will allow them to grow to be mature disciples.

I'm really not a blogger but I'd like this to be a venue and a place where I can share more than 10 years of caring, loving, sacrificing, training and seeing the lives of these young people grow before my eyes. I'd like this to be a place where I can share my thoughts, burden, passion and maybe answer a few questions about this young generation.

I'd like to emphasize that I am no expert and that I have no Phd's or Doctorates after my last name. The only thing I have is my experience (and a LOT of conversations with the Lord) which I believe worked (at least at that season of my life). I can honestly and humbly say that I do not know it all. I know I am still in the process of learning and experiencing new and awesome things. I am open to new ideas. I hope that as I share my personal experiences, that this would be helpful to you and maybe others who have little to no idea what they've gotten themselves into.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

.
.

Followers

About Me

My photo
curious / explorer / bald / strategist / interested / imperfect / focused / teachable / radical / pastor / reverend / in love / Jesus
Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © / deconstructing . . .

Template by : Urang-kurai / powered by :blogger